Let’s talk numbers:
- The portion of the US population who are veterans of the armed forces: 8%.
- The portion of the homeless population represented by veterans: 15.9%.
- 1 in 5 soldiers deployed since 2001 are suffering from PTSD or TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury).
- “22 Veteran Suicides per Day” is actually 35 per Day.
- Veterans diagnosed with PTSD or depression where four time more likely to suffer from drug or alcohol disorders
- Up to 40% of Iraq/Afghanistan Ware veterans at VHA receive a triple diagnosis of PTSD. TBI and chronic pain.
- Between 2001 and 2012, VA opioid prescriptions per patient increased by 165%
Thank you for your donation...
$20.00 Will help to prepare Veterans for Winter by supplying:
Clothes, Blankets, Resource phone numbers, Personal hygiene pack and healthy food.
click here to download flyer.
Make Donation By Check or Money Order by Mail.
Make Checks out to "Helping Our Heroes"
Helping Our Heroes
2843 East Grand River #306
East Lansing, MI 48823.
Please Provide Address and Name so we can send you a tax deductible receipt for donation.
Thank you for your donation. Your donation will assist veterans with;
housing, transportation, employment and resources. Without you, our
veterans would not have the assistance they need for successful
transitioning from military to civilian life.