Download Brochure to Print and Pass Along
To support our cause! go to to our Donate Page Donate Here!!
Let’s talk numbers:
- The portion of the US population who are veterans of the armed forces: 8%.
- The portion of the homeless population represented by veterans: 15.9%.
- 1 in 5 soldiers deployed since 2001 are suffering from PTSD or TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury).
- “22 Veteran Suicides per Day” is actually 35 per Day.
- Veterans diagnosed with PTSD or depression where four time more likely to suffer from drug or alcohol disorders
- Up to 40% of Iraq/Afghanistan Ware veterans at VHA receive a triple diagnosis of PTSD. TBI and chronic pain.
- Between 2001 and 2012, VA opioid prescriptions per patient increased by 165%
Thank you for your donation...
$20.00 Will help to prepare Veterans for Winter by supplying:
Clothes, Blankets, Resource phone numbers, Personal hygiene pack and healthy food.
click here to download flyer.
Make Donation By Check or Money Order by Mail.
Make Checks out to "Helping Our Heroes"
Helping Our Heroes
2843 East Grand River #306
East Lansing, MI 48823.
Please Provide Address and Name so we can send you a tax deductible receipt for donation.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
To personalize your experience
(your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
To improve our website
(we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
To improve customer service
(your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
To process transactions
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at http://www.helpingourheroesmichigan.org.
This policy was last modified on 6/1/2010
2843 East Grand River #306
East Lansing, MI 48223
Leslie Melvin - Executive Director / Founder
Dr. Ron Melvin D.O. - Vice-President, Consultant
Mary Thompson - Treasurer / Financial Advisor / Consultant
John Preville - Website
Richard Helder - Transition Specialist / Public Relations
Helping Our Heroes is proud to announce our Housing and Employment program. MANNA Acres (Marines, Army, Navy, Nat'l. Guard, Air Force) is dedicated to assisting homeless veterans by providing a comfortable home environment, while they continue to transition from military life to civilian life. This country home provides the serenity for continued recovery, while veterans are assisting other veterans in growth and development. While participating, veterans are introduced to the art of farming, livestock management, marketing and sales of all-natural produce and poultry. Veteran raised, these products are made available to the public, with the profits dedicated to assisting additional veterans. Members will be required to assist in the upkeep and maintenance of the property, as well as the farming and animal care.
Benefits of Veteran Housing
- Veterans will no longer be forced to seek refuge in homeless shelters.
- Veterans will be able to focus on their recovery from active duty.
- Veterans will be able to focus on finding suitable, gainful employment.
- MANNA Acres is virtually self sufficient, by raising their own food, with surplus to assist others.
- MANNA Acres provides veterans with a purpose.
It has been documented and proven that:
- Outdoor activities helps reduce depression, anxiety and symptoms of PTSD.
2. Veterans with a purpose improve emotionally faster than those who are idle.
3. Veterans who assist other veterans have reduced episodes of depression.
4. Veterans feel more comfortable when assisted by other veterans.
5. Veterans are calmer when in a quiet, secluded setting.
6. Veterans react better when they feel they are being treated as an individual
Products of MANNA Acres
Currently MANNA Acres is producing all-natural, free-range poultry. Raised from hatchlings to processing, veterans are learning to care for, market and sell this healthy and nutritional poultry. Now available to order.
Poultry available: Free-Range, All-natural
Average weight: 4 - 7 pounds
For ordering, or additional information, contact us through the "Contact Us" tab.
All-Natural Poultry available for a limited time only. Call for details.
Click here to Download Flyer.